Welcome to Sites at Grinnell’s guide to Scalar! This guide will walk you through how to get started with your new Scalar website. Please note: many users receive access to Scalar and other Sites at Grinnell applications on the site level, with a username and password that allows you to log into and make changes to your site. If you would like access to and control over your own domain, which allows you more control over your digital presence and the ability to create additional sites and subdomains, DLAC is here to help! Simply email email@example.com to request domain-level cPanel access.
3.Creating a Book
To get started in Scalar, you will need to create a book.
- Go to your Scalar site via the My Apps link or the Scalar URL you established during the setup process.
- Log in to Scalar using the username and password you set up during the installation process.
- Go to the top right corner and click, Dashboard.
- Select the My Account tab and at the bottom of the page type in a title for your book. This can be changed at a later time if needed. Click Create.
- You now see your book in the “My books” list. From there you will be able to build your Scalar book.